Carolina Mountain Artists Guild was founded in 1998 by a group of local artists, several of whom are still with us today. All of the items in our shop are handcrafted by our members, and all of these items are juried by a committee of our members.
The guild members share the responsibilities of our operation, so when you visit the shop, you'll find one of our artists working and assisting our customers. Many of our artists also demonstrate their skills and talents while working, or during the busy months, they may provide a demonstration in front of the shop. Extended hours may occur during some special events on Main Street.
The shop features a wide variety of items including:
- ceramics and pottery
- decorative painted wood pieces and furniture
- folk art
- gourd art
- greeting cards and paper art
- hand-woven baskets and brooms
- paintings, including acrylic, oil, watercolors, pencil drawings and pen and ink drawings
- stained glass
- glass art
- textile art, such as knitting, quilting and wearable art
- wood, including intarsia, woodturning, furniture carvings and boxes